Thursday, August 26, 2010

Beautiful Bloomington

When Kara and I returned to IU, we tried to take advantage of the slow time that we had before school started (and before the crazy, lost freshman got here). One of the main things I wanted to do was to just walk around a lot and get to see the campus again. Being in the business school exclusively does have its benefits - but I rarely get to walk around the other parts of campus and see the surroundings. So before we started classes and entered into deep intellectual discussions about fair value accounting (exciting, I know), we went on several walks and reminisced.

Kara and Mr. Hoagy Carmichael
Above is a monument that they just installed last year. During the snowstorm last year, I remember the snow going all the way up the legs of the piano and up to Hoagy's lap.

Showalter Fountain (I heard there is a new garden around here, Kara...)
Also, the Showalter Fountain is near to the place where I asked Kara to marry me. Thankfully she said yes, and I later told her that I wanted to kiss her while we were both standing in the fountain, which turned out to be pretty awesome, albeit cold.

State Bird Sighting
There was also a great little flower garden (below) that we discovered on our walk. It was around the mansion that is next to the Mighty Jordan River and Ballantine Hall. It was an awesome garden, and the shaded area was great because many flowers on other parts of the campus were wilting due to the heat and lack of rain.
A Jungle Garden
There were also a ton of butterflies fluttering around all of the flowers and I found what actually happens to be my favorite butterfly. Kamaron always referred to them as "Swallowtails", which I took as fact (until I learned that everything he said was not completely right and challenged him weekly with an encyclopedia). They are definitely called swallowtails, and I was pretty pumped to see some.

The blue on the "tails" is the best part
Classes start next week. I sense a future post (or two).

4 comments:

  1. Indiana University is definitely one of the most beautiful college campuses in the country! (Are you ADMITTING that Kamaron was right on this?!) Enjoy these days...real life will soon hit you both square in the face! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great way to start the year ... enjoying campus and reminiscing. Love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. IU just is such a beautiful campus. Love all the wildlife and flowers everywhere! Good spotting of the Cardinal. Have a great start to the year and enjoy it for us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful campus! Miss it so much...

    Only a couple more days until classes start! Don't miss it so much...

    ReplyDelete