Thursday, December 2, 2010

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

or it was yesterday anyway.

How appropriate that we got our first snow on December 1st?

This is the view Kyler woke up to yesterday. There was a little bit of snow accumulated on the ground and on his car, and the little flakes were still falling. What a happy sight in the morning!

Yesterday was a D-Day of sorts for me. With two exams and two presentations, I woke up dreading the day and hating the fact that it was freezing cold out. I rushed to the business school with only one thing on my mind: 5:15PM, the end of the day. I wasn't even paying attention to my surroundings.

As I was sitting in the hallway in the business school waiting for my next exam, one of my friends walked by putting on her gloves. "Don't you just love snow?" she exclaimed!. Well I hadn't really thought of it, but as I looked out the window at everything slightly covered in a white blanket, I realized I did love the snow. We didn't get enough to make the roads dangerous, but just enough to make everything look pretty and festive.

And to think I almost missed the beauty of it all!

1 comment:

  1. There's nothing more beautiful than the first fresh snowfall! Even though I complain about it by the end of the winter, I think I would really miss it if I went south for the winter. Nothing like a few snowflakes to get me in the Christmas spirit! Love you both!!!

    ReplyDelete