Monday, August 1, 2011

Evening Drives

Last Thursday, Kyler was in Georgia visiting a P&G plant. The itinerary he left me said he'd arrive at the airport at 10:24 PM, and he said he should probably get home around 11:15. I can't really tell you what time he got home, not because I was asleep but because I didn't leave work until 11:15 or so. Needless to say, I found out what it mean when I was told we were "working late".

Also needless to say, on Friday night after a normal full day of work, I was very very sleepy. I came home and took a nap...a two hour nap. And when I woke up, I was ready for Friday night! Kyler on the other hand, was about ready for bed. So I asked him if we could drive around for a little bit.

So Kyler whipped out his iPhone and mapped out a two-hour round-trip route, spanning three states. First, we went to Lawrenceburg, Indiana. Kyler and I vaguely remembered this town from high school football days. This time, we were able to see the historic side and Ohio riverfront side of the town.



Entrance to the riverside walk.


On the river, there was this cute little restaurant where boats could pull right up, dock, enjoy a meal, and then be back on their waterway...hehe waterway.


And one of our trips wouldn't be complete without a little history. Does anyone else think it's funny how multiple states are always trying to claim famous figures. Abraham Lincoln. The Wright Brothers.

And a shoutout to our families in Indiana. Kyler's parents are actually from Hagerstown, and mine are from nearby New Castle.

Then we wound around scenic roads checking out old homes and lots of farmland. It may not sound exciting, but it was definitely one of my favorite kinds of Friday nights. Sometimes you just need some R&R and pretty views.

What's your favorite kind of Friday night?

1 comment:

  1. we also enjoy friday night rides through the country side...but typically by bicycle. it's fun to learn about your new home! glad you both are enjoying the ohio life. :-)

    ReplyDelete