Sunday, October 24, 2010

Home for the Weekend

Last week was an extremely hectic week, where I had absolutely no down time with 6 exams, 4 interviews, work, and a whole lot of studying. After Friday afternoon came, I was definitely ready to head home and just relax. I was ready to "not be on any kind of schedule" and go with the flow while hanging out with my family.

The only thing that actually required a lot of focus and attention was below, which was definitely more meticulous that I had anticipated.
My Monster Jack-O-Lantern
Going home would not be complete without some sort of random job with my father, so I headed up to Grandpa Kenny's and made some cider, which is always something that I have enjoyed doing. Dad says he has made about 150 gallons of apple cider this season, which is pretty amazing considering the dry spell that we have gone through the latter half of the summer.

An interesting thing about going home is that I always take home so much more than I bring home. Basically, all I took home with me was myself, a backpack, and a change of clothes. However, I brought home 2 dozen eggs, a jar of homemade apple butter, 1.5 gallons (3/4 of a peck, wet) of apple cider, a blanket for my bed, a jacket, 2 pairs of pants, 2 sweatshirts, a bear of honey, and a pair of sweatpants. Some things I needed; others I don't but am definitely glad to bring down.

Oh, by the way, Emily also picked out her bridesmaid's dress for our wedding, while Zach and I stood around for an hour in David's Bridal. The evening turned out to be a little bit more of an adventure than I had hoped for, but I definitely enjoyed catching up with my sister and brother-in-law.

Also, I got to catch up with Kristoffer, Dana, Karter, and Kaden. I haven't seen them in a while, but I am glad that they are back in Indiana so I will be able to see them more often.

Welp, that was my weekend. Hopefully something exciting happens this week! And Bob Ross is NOT from Muncie...who knew that was just the local PBS station carrying his national program?

2 comments:

  1. WONDERFUL to have you home!!! And you even learned some new things... Love you...have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thinking the bear of honey was a necessity right? Glad you got to spend some downtime at home with family!

    ReplyDelete