Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Spring has Sprung!

Campus has been looking pretty dreary lately. We spent months dealing with snow and ice. We had a weekend of nice, temptuous weather, and then we had a week(s) of rain and wind.



I'm a warm weather kind of gal. I love sunshine, heat, humidity...sunshine.

The other day, I was walking around campus and started noticing signs of spring: animals, blossoms, green. So, today I took out the camera and took a little stroll around one of my buildings.

Nothing to be really excited over, but these are little sprouts of spring in my book.


Freshly laid mulch. It didn't smell too pleasant, but I love the look of brand new, rich-in-color mulch.




Tulips coming out of their winter hibernation.


Of course, nothing is a more true sign of spring than construction equipment. When you start seeing all sorts of gigantic trucks, you know that warmer weather is on its way.


  
As I was walking around, I also stumbled upon this little memorial. Apparently, one of my lecture halls is located on the site of the first dorm at IU. Just a fun little fact for us history buffs.
 
 
Spring does begin on March 20th, the day I return from New York. So hopefully when I return from SPRING break, the weather will actually reflect the season.

1 comment: