Sunday, May 8, 2011

Graduation!

Welp. It's over.

The family before graduation
After four years of hard work and loads of fun, it only took an hour to declare us grads. The ceremony was short and sweet. I still don't feel like I've graduated, but it's a nice feeling to know finals are over indefinitely. Everything will probably set in around August when every else starts going back to college. It's been a great four years at IU, and I love Bloomington. Luckily I can slowly sever the ties to this town. I'm sure I'll be back a few times next year as Kyler will still be there.

Me and Claire
I love this girl to death! We've enjoyed some late night talks and early morning blaring of "It's Friday". She landed a fantastic position at Scotts (Miracle Grow) in Colombus, Ohio. She's worked so hard, and she will be one of those people who do great things. And no, I'm not jus saying that because that's what you say at graduation. I believe it.

Claire's family
Claire's family came down yesterday for the Kelley ceremony. They've been so good to me, and are truly some of the nicest folks I know.

So just as this post seems so short, this day seemed so short. After all that work, it passed so quickly. Now, I can't wait to move on to my next big event.

Tangent: Someone asked me the other day if I was ready for my big day. I said I was super excited, but I still had a few more little things to work out before I'd be absolutely ready. This person then said that I needed to tie up those loose strings soon because graduation was right around the corner. Oh. That big day. I thought they were talking about the wedding. As much as I love to be graduated, I've mostly just wanted to get the whole thing over with so I can go home and wrap up the last few things for the wedding.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! It's called "commencement" for a reason...it's the beginning of your life! You've got so many exciting things ahead of you, and YOU, my dear almost-daughter-in-law, YOU WILL DO GREAT THINGS too!!! Love you and we're so proud of you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Kara. All of that work you put in (and mornings/afternoons/evenings studying with me) was definitely worth it. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats, kara! we both loved college, but we also agree...life after college is even better! enjoy the next few weeks of the single life. see you soon.

    ReplyDelete