Monday, May 16, 2011

DJDJ - Fenway Park, Version Deux

I had a great phone call last Sunday morning from one of Kara's really good friends who graduated last year. He asked how I was doing, then quickly cut the small talk and asked if I wanted to go to a Red Sox game at Fenway....to which I replied, "OF COURSE". So, I took the train into town, grabbed myself an Italian sausage from a street vendor for lunch and met Steve and his dad before going to the game.

Steve's call really came from a crazy set of circumstances in which the stars lined up. He and his father were in town for the Twins series, ended up having an extra ticket given to him from someone at work. texted Kara and randomly mentioned the word Boston, Kara told him I was in Boston, and the next morning I was headed to Fenway for an awesome game.

The game invitation, of course, was prefaced under one major condition...that I had to cheer on Steve (and his dad's) Twins. Not being from Boston in the first place, I didn't have a huge Red Sox committment, and since I was getting a free ticket, I agreed (although I definitely broke the cardinal rule a few times before correcting myself).

Thanks a lot for the invitation Steve - I had an awesome time!

Dom DiMaggio, Johnny Pesky, Bobby Doerr, and Ted Williams

Teddy Ballgame

We Got Banners on the Wall.....

Mother's Day...Pink Sleeves and Even Bats

The Seats Were INCREDIBLE....

Panorama of Fenway...Cool Camera Feature That Definitely Captures the Park and Where I Was Sitting

3 comments:

  1. Ooo...LOVE the panorama photo! You must get your photography skills from your mama! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Those are pretty sweet seats, and that last shot is totally awesome too! Thanks Stevo!

    ReplyDelete