Wednesday, May 25, 2011

DJDJ - Newport Harbor

...Yeah, I know I left you hanging from the last post. For those I didn't (very few), I was just talking about how I was in Rhode Island with nothing to do for the next 6-ish hours. I had been wanting to go to Newport, RI the past few weekends because I had heard from my supervisor at work that it was a really cool place to see. It was only about an hour away, so I figured it was as good as anything. I didn't really know what to expect, but I knew that Newport had been the yachting capital of the world and was famous for its mansions.

First, I went to the harbor to see what it was like. Although I don't have a ton of pictures of the town, it was very Beaufort, NC-ish in that it had a ton of old shoppes (including a fudge shop) in a short downtown stretch. A lot of the historic roads were also brick, which was cool.
 
Harbor Area - Lots of Yachts and Sailboats

Another Old Church, Of Course
Strange Fish Statue

1 comment:

  1. Where are the mansions!? :)
    What a pretty little harbor.

    ReplyDelete